Meeting my Students

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


I taught my first class on Monday, April 10, Global Issues in Education. My students were very nice, and they spoke good English. We laughed when I spoke with them in Japanese for a while, then finished in Japanese with "demo skoshi dake des!" (I know just a little). I asked them to help me know how much reading to give them, as my mentor suggested that I cut back on assignments. I think I may have cut back too much. I will trust them to tell me; one already completed the assignment and told me he can do more. He will meet with me next week, as he plans his undergrad capstone project to be something to do with refugees.

On Tuesday afternoon I meet with Qian, a master's student from Malaysia who is planning to write her thesis on refugee students in Malaysia. I told her I am very happy to meet with her as much as she wants, as I enjoy helping students, especially in my area of expertise!

Meanwhile, I have made appointments with all four refugee agencies that I have a connection with. I will be excited to begin those meetings beginning in a week.

And for some more beautiful campus photos:






Me in my very empty office




NOTE: July 2018 date on post is republish date, not date of the event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University