Foot-weary Day 2 in Kamakura

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


April 14, 2017

Today we headed off into downtown where we found tori gates and lines of cherry trees leading up to Kenchoji Temple, the oldest Zen temple in Kamakura, founded in 1253.



The main street


At Kenjoji 



The Sanmon Main Gate


Then we walked a good deal farther to find a trail head for a 2K trek through the woods and over a mountain. Halfway there was a beautiful park where families were playing and enjoying their hanami (picnics under the cherry trees). 




The trail was up and down with lots of steep climbing, so we were pretty tired by the time we got back to the airbnb.



You can do it, Superman!! 😎



Beautiful view from the trail

Two hours later, we went in search of the fresh fish place where our host made us a reservation. I would have been so much happier with a place more like 5 minutes down the road. As I told friends, the toughest part of this trip for me will be Japanese food. I'm just not very fond of it. As it was tonight. And I just fumble with hashi (chopsticks)! Maybe I'll lose some weight :)


NOTE: July 2018 date on post is republish date, not date of the event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University