Soka by night - April 7, 2017

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


I spent most of the past two days on my butt trying to catch up my work. I caught up the journal issue I'm guest editing, edited my syllabus for my Soka course, wrote to all my refugee contacts in Tokyo, and spent nearly all of today dealing with USF's *^#!!#*!# IRB for my research proposal. I have never seen such an obscene IRB as we have at USF. I looked at Soka's and laughed - if I can get the clunker monster I have to write through USF, Soka's is a breeze. After that I graded a few more papers remaining from my USF spring courses. I have five to go - will finish tomorrow.

Yesterday would have been my Da's 83rd birthday. What a wonderful man. On the same day, yesterday, a good friend died of cancer. Kathy Feige was a lovely and dear, kind woman. She and her husband Gary went with us to Ireland a few years ago, and she was so appreciative. I am so glad we made that trip. She will be missed.

The afternoon turned sunny and tonight was a clear sky with 2/3rds of a moon. During the first week of the spring/summer term, Soka shines spotlights on all its cherry trees so they can be enjoyed at night. We took that walk this warm evening. It was simply magical to see the white and pink sakura against the dark sky. I'm so glad I bought a new camera last August. It has some great ways to take night shots. They speak for themselves.









The building where we are living






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University