March 28, 2017 Sayonara, Sarasota!

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


Last day in Sarasota til early August. Fortunately, all is in good hands with Brendan, who will be living here and taking care of the cats and the house!

Too early day tomorrow, as our flight from Tampa leaves at 8:30am. So looking forward to a couple days with daughter Kat and her wonderful husband Bryan before heading to Seoul, then Tokyo, on April 1.




For any friends or family who don't know, I was chosen as a Visiting Scholar to Soka University in Tokyo for their term that goes from April through July. I will be teaching a course in Comparative and International Education along with having the remarkable opportunity to be a first scholar to investigate Japan's pilot program resettling refugees. Soka is hosting a university refugee student from Burma, and I have made many connections with refugee agencies and the UNHCR in Tokyo.

My first class begins on April 11. After settling in our university apartment on the 3rd, Dick and I will take a long weekend to enjoy sakura, the cherry blossoms, in Kyoto before I begin my work.

NOTE: To put this blog in chronological order, I am needing to change all URLs. The old URL for this page was http://jodyjapanblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/sayonara-sarasota.html.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University