June 29 - Old Friends

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


Today was another day for meetings. But first, Dick and I spent the morning at Meigetsu-in Temple, also known as the hydrangea temple. It was very crowded, and after I had taken my share of photographing the stunning flowers, I said, "Let's get out of here!" Dick wasn't feeling great as earlier he tried my scrambled eggs that I would not eat because they were barely cooked. The gardens at Meigetsu-in were very beautiful. I especially love the flat Japanese variety of hydrangea.










this one. a confetti hydrangea, was my favorite

Next we hopped on the train from Kita-Kamakura to Kamakura where I met a friend of many years whom I had not seen in 20 years, the last time I was in Japan. Sachiyo Tahira, my best friend at Trinity College Dublin back in 1980-81 lives in Kamakura. It was a joy to see her again, and we picked up our friendship as though we had not been apart for so many years. Sach took us to a French bistro for lunch where I had delicious sea bass and Dick had lamb (Sach had another kind of fish). 




From there we wandered back to part of town where Dick saw sword replicas in April, and he bought one to complete his Japanese costume. It was hard to part with Sach. She is know a well-known writer in Japan with 14 published books and 9 book awards. We said we would try to get together once again before the end of July, but between her schedule and mine, I doubt it will happen. It was a joy to meet again.

NOTE: June 2018 date on post is republish date, not date of the event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University