Quiet Weekend

PLEASE NOTE: I have not had the chance to watermark all of my photos, and it will take me a great deal of time, as I published this and my other blogs between 2010-2017. I ask you to respect my property. Feel free to use them as long as you credit me as follows: Photo by Jody McBrien, learningtheworld.org. Thank you.


April 8, 2017

It was a cloudy weekend with occasional drizzle. On Saturday we figured out the round trip bus route into Hachioji for some more groceries. Again, I'm grateful for the little Japanese I know - it has been very helpful! Here are two photos from the trip:


Dick was thrilled when I spotted this place!



Pedestrian Zone

This time we shopped at Alps, a bit more like the kind of grocery store we are used to. You can't imagine all the fish available! We managed to get everything on our list except for aluminum foil (couldn't figure that one out). 

We stayed in all Sunday. I got so caught up on my work! I finished all my grading from USF, caught up on a journal issue I'm editing, caught up on emails, and planned out a trip to Kamakura and Lake Kawaguchi next weekend (Thursday-Sunday). I also played a bit with my camera and with the macro lens (last three). By the day, more cherry blossoms appear on the trees just outside our windows. Below are my favorite shots from Sunday:







NOTE: July 2018 date on post is republish date, not date of the event.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of April

May 23-25: Return to Fuji

First 24 hours at Soka University